Webinar with Second Nature: Organizing a Renewable Energy Buying Consortium to Cut Energy Costs and Curb Carbon Emissions
Please join us for session three of our RE-Connect webinar series, Organizing a Renewable Energy Buying Consortium to Cut Energy Costs and Curb Carbon Emissions – How We Did it and You Can Too on Thursday, May 7 at 2-3:00pm EST.
This webinar, hosted by our partners at Second Nature, will dive into a recent higher-ed renewable energy success story, featuring speakers from Lafayette College and Muhlenberg College as well as CFR's Chris O'Brien.
For more information and to register, click here.
Webinar description via Second Nature below:
Have you been hearing that colleges and universities are harnessing large-scale renewable energy to control their long-term energy costs and achieve dramatic reductions in their greenhouse gas emissions? Are you considering a similar strategy but struggling to gain traction and not sure how to navigate the maze of options? Learn how Lehigh University, Lafayette College, Muhlenberg College, and Dickinson College banded together to achieve the scale needed to build a solar project big enough to supply 100% of their renewable energy needs.
- Delicia Nahman, Director of Sustainability, Lafayette College, Easton, PA
- Kalyna Procyk, Sustainability Coordinator and Adjunct Professor of Political Science and Sustainability Studies, Muhlenberg College, Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Chris O'Brien, Director of Business Development, CustomerFirst Renewables Learning
- Understand the business case for renewable energy
- Understand the benefits of aggregation when contracting for power
- CFOs, Finance office staff, Energy leads, and Sustainability leads
- Smaller campuses, or larger ones that are willing to partner with smaller ones
- Those interested in boosting demand for renewable energy
- Those looking for information on ways to reduce campus operating costs