We are always looking for the next generation of renewable energy leaders to join CFR. Right now, we are looking for summer associates, who will add tremendous value to our professional services team.
If you are a top performer with a passion for client service, entrepreneurship, finance, operations, and environmental sustainability you should join CFR this summer.
Summer associates will provide analytical support across several areas of the company, including
- Customer Development
- Customer Solutions
The associate will frequently work with CFR’s leadership team and be involved in a broad range of internal and client-facing initiatives. Our summer associates can expect to learn and develop technical and modeling skills practiced at investment banks, along with critical thinking and problem solving skills typical of top-tier management consulting firms.
There are also opportunities to work closely with clients and develop comprehensive communications skills critical to delivering superior client service.
We’re working to change the energy landscape of our nation. If you are interested the entrepreneurial spirit of change, and would like to be an active participant in a McKinsey-like environment we want to hear from you. We are interested in self-starters who want to quickly take on a high level of responsibility and can work effectively, both independently and in team environments.
- Listen to, analyze, and understand client needs and wants; synthesize in written documents
- Research companies, technologies, policies, financing, and other general industry topics
- Conduct outside-in analysis of companies, create business development presentations and participate in writing customer proposals
- Support CFR’s digital marketing and social media outreach efforts
- Update customer relationship management system
- Help develop creative renewable electricity supply solutions that maximize savings to the customer while eliminating future price uncertainty
- Work with large data sets to synthesize and analyze customer problems and help develop hypotheses for potential solutions
- Get involved in renewable energy project development and finance modeling
- Interact with developers and other value chain participants to support negotiations
- Participate in transaction-related due diligence process and meetings with counterparties
- Contribute to creatively solving customer-specific problems
- Create presentation materials for clients and other audiences
- Research and initiate process improvement and new product/service development projects
- Build detailed Excel models involving complex computation and technical analysis
- Participate in an innovative renewable energy start-up that CFR is currently incubating
- Develop pro forma customer energy usage and cost forecasting
- Conduct economic analysis and modeling
We are interested in self-starters who want to quickly take on a high level of responsibility and can work effectively, both independently and in team environments. Ideal candidates will also have:
- Passion for sustainability and working in the energy industry and with large-scale renewables
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent grades from a challenging undergraduate program
- Comfort completing complex quantitative and qualitative analyses, while maintaining a consistent attention to detail and a focus on creating client-ready deliverables
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with those from entry level to C-suite
- Strong sense of ownership/self-motivation
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team in an unstructured and flexible environment
- “Buttoned up” with an ability to deliver on tight deadlines in an agile, growth-focused environment
- Evidence of creative problem solving across a range of topics
- High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Honest and fun!
Prior experience is also a plus in:
- Renewables, cleantech, or energy industries
- Consulting, investment banking, PE/VC, project finance, economics, or engineering
- Competitive electricity markets (wholesale and/or retail)
Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Jaafar Rizvi no later than Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 11:59pm.