Job Description and Opportunity
Analysts are key members of CFR’s professional services team. This individual will provide analytical support across several areas of the company, interact frequently with CFR’s leadership team, and get involved in a broad range of internal and client-facing initiatives. Our analysts can expect to learn and develop technical and modeling skills practiced at investment banks, along with critical thinking and problem-solving skills typical of top-tier management consulting firms. There is also an opportunity to work closely with clients and develop communications skills (both oral and written) critical to delivering superior client service.
Wholesale & retail energy services analysts will specialize in supporting CFR’s work in competitive and/or regulated electricity or gas markets (wholesale and/or retail).
CFR is proud of its open, inclusive, challenging, and fun workplace culture, which we believe helps us consistently deliver distinctive and impactful client services. We offer an excellent compensation package and personal development experience, and foster a highly skilled, energized, and empowered team environment. Depending on personal aspirations and performance, this position provides the opportunity for long-term career development within the organization.
Example Job Functions (representative; not exhaustive)
- Client Development
- Listen to, analyze, and understand client needs and wants; synthesize in written documents
- Research specific companies, technologies, policies, financing, other general industry topics
- Conduct outside-in analysis of companies, create business development presentations and help craft written client proposals
- Update client relationship management (CRM) system
- Client Solutions
- Help develop creative renewable electricity supply solutions that maximize client savings while eliminating future price uncertainty
- Work with large data sets to synthesize and analyze client problems and help develop hypotheses for potential solutions
- Get involved in renewable energy project development and finance modeling
- Interact with developers and other value chain participants to support negotiations
- Participate in transaction-related due diligence processes and meetings with counterparties
- Contribute to creative, client-specific problem solving
- Create presentation materials for clients and other audiences
- Build detailed Excel models involving complex computation and technical analysis
- Develop pro forma client energy usage and cost forecasting
- Conduct economic analysis and modeling
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent grades from a challenging undergraduate program
- Passion for sustainability and the energy industry
- Attention to detail with an ability to create client-ready deliverables, communication and information
- Comfort completing complex quantitative and qualitative analyses, while maintaining a consistent attention to detail and a focus on creating client-ready deliverables
- Ability to communicate solutions in a simple, concise manner
- Ability to learn quickly and make a positive impact with clients, even in areas with limited experience or knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact well with individuals from varied experience levels and backgrounds (from entry level to C-suite)
- Strong sense of ownership/self-motivation
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team in an unstructured and flexible environment – comfortable with ambiguity
- “Buttoned-up” and organized with an ability to multi-task to deliver on tight deadlines
- Evidence of creative problem-solving skills across a range of topics
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Honest and fun!
- Prior experience in one or more of the following is also a plus:
- Competitive and/or regulated electricity or gas markets (wholesale and/or retail)
- Renewables, cleantech, or energy industries
Apply for this Position
Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis; please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.