CFR will be on hand in San Diego for the Solar Power Finance & Investment Summit on March 19-21, where Senior Engagement Manager Jaafar Rizvi will participate in a panel discussion on the evolving landscape of corporate PPAs for renewable energy.
Panel Discussion: Corporate PPAs — How Structures Are Evolving
Corporate procurement of offsite solar continues to grow. With tax incentives in wind and solar set to decline and a large pipeline of projects looking for PPAs, corporate bargaining power has increased—resulting in yet more offtaker friendly structures. This session will provide an update on how the corporate PPA market is playing out in solar, what structures are being created and why, and what changes can be expected going forward?
When: Wednesday, March 13, 11:10 – 11:55 am
What: Topics to be discussed include:
- What are the key structural changes corporates are pushing for?
- What is happening in solar with:
- Basis, shaping and pricing risks, e.g. collars
- How are risks being allocated?
- Are the new structures financeable?
Moderator: Jennifer Martin, Partner, Stoel Rives LLP
- Erick Bauman, Director, Origination, Silicon Ranch
- Tom Flanagan, Senior Originator, Constellation
- Jaafar Rizvi, Senior Engagement Manager, CustomerFirst Renewables
- Dan Rodriguez, Manager – Corporate Renewables, First Solar
See the full conference agenda here.
Please contact Lindsay Irving at email@example.com with any inquiries.